Monday, March 7, 2016

Whatever happened to old fashioned glass bottle cutters?


Seriously, you guys. I go thought a lot of these glass bottles. Sure, they can be recycled. But guess what? I also go through a lot of drinking glasses. And it's not always the grand-kids that break them. I sure would love to have one of those simple bottle cutters they used to sell in craft stores. You know the ones where you place the bottle on it's side, turn and voila! Instant drinking glass, ready to be sanded for safety.

Drinking glasses aren't the only thing simple bottle cutters are good for either. You can also use them to make garden plant watering devises by just cutting off the bottom of the glass. Who needs those fancy globes? Plus, they're so darn expensive.

And yes, you can recycle the glass bottle itself. In fact, you should. But me, I'd rather make useful items, then recycle the leftovers. After all, you can still recycle your homemade drinking glasses after they shatter. That way, you get double usage. No waste!

Now, I've seen a few more elaborate glass cutters for sale online and such. But that's just not what I'm looking for. And scoring tools don't always cut a straight line, especially with shaky arthritic hands. So if anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows where they can be found, please leave a link in the comments. I'd be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment